Learn the basics of working with tinted resin to create ocean inspired art. In honor of World Oceans Day, create your own lifelike aerial beach scene using resin pouring techniques.
In this workshop, we will:
- learn how to measure, mix, and pour non-toxic epoxy resin
- add pigment to resin and pour & blend your own seascape
- use a heat torch to create realistic wave effects
- enjoy an afternoon of making with fellow creatives!
The following supplies are included:
- all materials and use of equipment (resin, pigments, mixing tools, heat guns)
- 11”x14” wood panel
- protective equipment (nitrile gloves, aprons)
You can bring:
- clothes you do not mind getting messy!
You will go home with:
- a one of a kind resin seascape (Cure time is 24-72 hours, so you will not go home with your art right away. Pick up times will be arranged at the end of the workshop.)
- knowledge & skills to continue making resin art
Anastasiya Bachmanova is an artist, environmentalist, adventure seeker, and mom living in Santa Cruz, California. She was raised in St. Petersburg, Russia and Philadelphia, PA before taking on studies at California State University of Monterey Bay. In 2013 she received a Bachelor of Arts in Integrated Studies, specializing in a combination of environmental science and fine art. Soon afterwards she established “Follow the Sun”, her creative undertaking which aims to share a message of conservation with the community. She displays her artwork at local galleries, pop-up events, and online, and loves sharing her passion for art and nature with others through making and teaching.