Paint a custom portrait of a beloved animal on a beautiful wood panel while learning fun acrylic painting techniques.
In this workshop, we will:
- transfer the photo of your animal onto the wood panel with an efficient tracing method
- go over various approaches and styles of painting so that each student can explore their own artistic voice
- watch demos by the instructor
- receive individual support
- learn from each other in a relaxed environment
The following supplies are included:
- acrylic paint
- 8x10 wood panel
- charcoal drawing tools
You can bring:
- physical or digital images of the pet you'd like to paint (You may bring as many as you'd like but please pick one central image to trace. An 8x10 print out of that main image. You can print in black and white to save on ink as we just need the shapes/dimensions. Please have that same image with you digitally or printed in color as well. Feel free to bring a laptop or tablet so that you can see images of the animal larger than on a phone screen, if you wish.)
- any of your own painting supplies, if you wish
You will go home with:
- an 8x10 animal portrait on wood
If you need help choosing images, or have any questions about the workshop, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Jessica graduated from the Savannah College of Art and Design with her BFA in painting in 2013 and shortly after moved to Colorado Springs, Colorado. With her primary focus being abstract art, she took part in many shows and galleries, even curating a couple of her own with fellow artists. She enjoys taking on commissions to keep herself working in multiple mediums and styles, although watercolors were what sparked her love of painting when she was a child and have been a consistent favorite throughout her life. Now based in Santa Cruz with her husband and daughter, she is continuing to pursue her passion for teaching and painting.