Come learn all the skills you need to make beautiful beaded earrings in this 2.5 hour workshop. You'll be provided with the supplies and guidance to leave class with a pair of your own!
In this workshop, we will:
- choose your design and bead colors
- learn the techniques to start and finish beaded earrings
- receive personal guidance through all stages of bead weaving
- enjoy uninterrupted creative time in the workspace to work on your own pair
The following supplies are included:
- a visual guide including design ideas and supply lists
- beading mat
- beading needles
- a variety of bead colors to choose from
- one pair of lovely rose gold plated brass hooks*
- earring backings
*You may contact us up to 5 days prior to the workshop with a request for a different type of metal hook for a small additional charge.
You can bring:
- optional: your own choice of seedbead colors (recommended size/shape for this project are 11, round. Toho and Miyuki are good brands)
- your choice of earring hooks, only if the kind provided (rose-gold plated brass) will not work for your ears
You will go home with:
- either a) finished pair of earrings or b) enough tread and beads to finish the project at home
- re-usable beading needle
- extra earring backings
- visual guide and supplies list
Jennie Farnham is a Santa Cruz-based Visual Arts educator and jewelry-maker. She grew up creating to her heart’s content in her mother and grandmother’s studios and classrooms. She earned a BA in Visual Arts through UC San Diego and her Masters in Education from UC Santa Cruz and has spent the past 10 years teaching art to everyone from kindergarten campers to AP high schoolers to adults. She learned weaving and beading techniques in order to write grant proposals for local underfunded public school art programs and fell in love with the art form. She has been selling her creations on Instagram as @wildwingjewelry and is excited to be offering classes at All Hands Workshop on her favorite beaded earring technique.