Mini weavings are a fast and fun introduction to the art of weaving. In this 2 hour workshop, you will create a unique mini and learn weaving techniques that can be applied to bigger projects.
In this workshop, we will:
- learn all about warping the loom and starting your weaving with style
- discover how to select fibers to create different effects
- master tabby, basket and soumak stitches
- get creative by changing colors and creating shapes
- add interest with rya knot fringe
- understand finishing techniques
The following supplies are included:
- tapestry needle
- warp thread
- variety of yarn
- driftwood for hanging your cute creations
*looms are available for purchase after the workshop
You can bring:
- Plenty of yarn is included, but feel free to bring some from home. Mini weaving are a great way to use up scraps.
You will go home with:
- a finished mini weaving, tons of inspiration and the skills to make more woven wall art. A variety of looms will be available for purchase if you want to go bigger!
Stephanie is an educator, fiber artist and the creator of The Nourish Bowl. She holds a master’s degree in education and leads creative workshops with a focus on encouragement and support, the freedom of exploration and a beautiful finished product.