In this 3 hour workshop you will get to know your sewing machine and practice simple stitches while making a stylish and sturdy tote bag.
In this workshop, we will:
- learn to set up your sewing machine
- practice sewing on a straight line with a simple straight stitch
- cut the different parts of the bag that will be assembled
- sew the tote bag using french seams
The following supplies are included:
- 2/3 yards of water resistant cotton canvas
- matching thread
- fabric scissors
- tailor's chalk
- clear ruler
- You will need to bring your own sewing machine. Please make sure you have a power cord and pedal, a sewing machine needle and an empty bobbin in the bobbin case.
You will go home with:
- a finished tote bag
- excitement and confidence that you can make it again
- fabric leftovers, thread and a handout to make it happen
Julie was born and raised in France, where she pursued a carrier in education and science for more than ten years. She taught herself to sew after moving to the US seven years ago, and started building her handmade wardrobe in 2016. She is the mom of two adorable monsters who keep her on her toes, and she is grateful for this practice that allows her to create, grow and take care of herself everyday. Julie truly believes that sewing is a superpower, and that slowly and mindfully building a handmade wardrobe that fits your body, your needs and your tastes is a liberating and empowering process.