Create charming, tactile wall art with fiber artist Stephanie Michelet.
Weavings add a pop of color and texture to any space. Think of this as a 3.5 hour creative retreat where you can create a unique wall hanging and learn a variety of weaving techniques. Come and chat, relax and make something for the fun of it. No experience required.
In this workshop, we will:
• learn all about warping the loom and starting your weaving with style
• consider how to select fibers to create different effects
• practice tabby, basket and soumak stitches
• learn how to change colors and create shapes
• go over finishing techniques
The following supplies are included:
a beautiful, locally made bamboo frame loom, and comb
a variety of beautiful, high quality yarn and silk ribbon. warp thread and tapestry needle
a tote bag to carry home your creation
an Inspiration sheet with weaving vocabulary and important information
Stephanie is a fiber artist living in Santa Cruz. She is inspired by her wonderful community, her maker friends, the stunning beauty of nature and the possibility sparked by one simple act. She spends her days making things by hand, caring for her family and creating workshops to connect with lovely people like you.