Learn how to create vibrate collage artwork using beeswax and tissue paper!
In this workshop, we will:
- learn a brief history of the encaustic medium and the wax sourcing from beeswax
- cut out organic shapes from tissue paper
- understand the basics of painting with the wax medium
- compose a vibrant 10 in x 10 in encaustic collage that is ready to hang
- socialize while being crafty!
The following supplies are included:
- encaustic medium
- encaustic 10 in x 10 in panel with 1.5 in thickness
- tissue paper for collage
You can bring:
- a small sketchbook, pencil, scissors, and paper clips
You will go home with:
- a beautiful 10 in x 10 in encaustic collage!
Noelle has worked for many years in the arts education realm developing a profound relationship with culture, creative expression and child development. She works to convey the beauty and complexities of human nature using texture, pattern, and narrative elements throughout her work. Noelle's work further explores themes such as cross-cultural awareness, women's spirituality, and the botanical world through painting and collage practices. Noelle currently works out of her studio at the Tannery Arts Center and teaches Art for Adolescents at Santa Cruz Montessori school.