Create custom holiday letterpress cards on an 1880s era Golding Pearl Letterpress!
Class Meeting Dates: (Wednesday 6-9pm)
- Dec 11, 18
In this workshop, we will:
- learn how to use a turn-of-the-century Golding Pearl letterpress
- learn the inking and printing process
- learn how to set type, linocut blocks or digital polymer plates
- make your own set of holiday cards to send to your favorite people
The following supplies are included:
- 110 lb paper
You can bring:
- hair tie
- closed toe shoes
- an idea for your project... what do you want to print?
You will go home with:
- a set of 20+ holiday cards
IMPORTANT: If you would like to print a custom design not using metal type or a pre-carved block, you will need to submit it as a digital file to Ashley **a week** before the workshop date in order for her to order and receive your polymer plates in time for the workshop. If you would like to use a linocut block, be sure to bring it to the workshop already carved and ready for printing.
Ashley is a local printmaker and designer who loves to share the beauty of letterpress printing. She got the print bug at art school and wanted to provide an opportunity for others to have that same kind of learning experience with this wonderful analog technique and the beauty that comes from a hand printed piece.