Create your own custom prints on a vintage letterpress! Designed for the beginner, this workshop will give you the satisfaction of making your own prints in a comfortable, safe, and friendly environment.
In this workshop, we will:
- learn how to use a turn-of-the-century Golding Pearl letterpress
- learn the inking & printing process
- learn how to set type, linocut blocks or digital polymer plates
- make your choice of *one* of the following: greeting or thank you cards, wedding invites, Save the Dates, business cards, stationary, announcements, custom art prints
The following supplies are included:
- 110 lb paper
You can bring:
- hair tie
- closed toe shoes
- an idea for your project... what do you want to print?
You will go home with:
- a set of 20+ single color, single sided (5”x7” or smaller) custom hand printed pieces
IMPORTANT: If you would like to print a custom design not using metal type or a pre-carved block, you will need to submit it as a digital file to Ashley **a week** before the workshop date in order for her to order and receive your polymer plates in time for the workshop. If you would like to use a linocut block, be sure to bring it to the workshop already carved and ready for printing. If you would like to use a generic design of Ashley’s in lieu of something your own, that is also an option.
If you would like to print more than the number of pieces you create in the workshop, you will be able to rent time on the letterpress in the future. This is a special privilege for those who take the Intro to Letterpress workshop and get properly trained by Ashley. Stay tuned for details!
Ashley is a local printmaker and designer who loves to share the beauty of letterpress printing. She got the print bug at art school and wanted to provide an opportunity for others to have that same kind of learning experience with this wonderful analog technique and the beauty that comes from a hand printed piece.