Get inspired by the beauty and ancient history of macrame and create your own modern boho macrame wall hanging with naturally dyed cotton rope!
This three hour workshop will cover a brief history of macrame’s origins, provide the necessary materials and teach you the basic macrame knots needed to create your own masterpiece.
In this workshop, we will:
- learn a brief history of macrame
- practice tying basic macrame knots: the larks head, square knot and hitch knots
- create an original modern boho macrame wall hanging on driftwood
- enjoy a night of making in creative company!
- select the giveaway winner of a Wilder Macrame diy kit
The following supplies are included:
- basic macrame knots guide
- avocado and onion dyed macrame rope
- driftwood branch or wooden dowel
You will go home with:
- your awesome new macrame wall hanging
- Basic Knots Guide by Rope and Rose
You can bring:
- Feel free to bring your own driftwood branch (approx 12”) or dowel. Dana will also have plenty to choose from.
Macrame can be done standing or sitting, or standing and sitting. Either way it’s important to wear comfy shoes and clothing that will help you to feel fabulous and enable you to kick back, relax and tie knots!
Dana is a mama of two, a teacher and maker. Fiber art became became a creative outlet for Dana, deeply inspired by her childhood and watching the nimble hands of her great grandmother create beautiful works of art for her family and friends. She carries on this tradition as an ode to her family. Macramé gives Dana the opportunity to create with a sense of mindfulness and gratitude. She spends her days making, getting outdoors, taking care of her family and teaching.