Get comfortable with power tools in a supportive environment, while building your own mid-century modern plant stand. No experience required.
What you will learn in this workshop:
- measure and cut lumber using a miter saw
- create interlocking notches with a jigsaw and chisel
- use a doweling jig to make strong, long-lasting joints
- learn finishing techniques to add a personal touch to the look of the plant stand
The following supplies are included:
- all lumber
- safety equipment
- wood finishes
You will go home with:
- A personalized 12-inch wide, 24-inch tall mid-century modern indoor plant stand OR with custom dimensions of your choice
Important safety note:
Please wear closed toe shoes, long pants/jeans (no shorts), and a non-baggy shirt. If you have long hair, please tie it up/back.
Sarah Michals is a self-taught woodworker who runs Morning Glory Woodshop from her home in Live Oak. She spent the early part of her life wanting to build but believing she couldn't do it because "girls aren't builders." Finally, she wanted something that didn't exist in stores, so she decided to go ahead and make it, and a passion was born. Now her goal is to spread that passion by sharing the skills she has acquired. When she isn't woodworking, she is teaching writing at UCSC, hanging out with her husband and 5 year old daughter, or playing rec-league softball.