Enjoy the delightful and meditative practice of creating beautiful letters and words in this beginner level Modern Brush Lettering workshop with All Hands owner Kendra Dosenbach. You do not need to have good handwriting to excel in brush lettering! All that is needed is a little patience and playfulness.
In this workshop, we will:
- learn how to hold and write with a brush pen
- practice basic strokes, letters and words
- explore the phenomenon of modern brush lettering and its relationship to calligraphy, to hand-lettering and to cursive
- practice writing words or names of your choice with brush pens
- test drive a variety of brush pen sizes and brands
The following supplies are included:
- a large and a small brush pen to keep
- a folder of drill sheets
- smooth printer paper
- tracing paper
- brush pens for communal use during the workshop
- words, names or short phrases you would like to letter
- an eagerness to learn and play
You will go home with:
- the fundamentals of a new skill set whose applications are endless - greeting cards, home decor, social media graphics, you name it!
Kendra is the Founder and Owner of All Hands Workshops, which was born out of her desire to build her own and others' creative capacity. Ever the renaissance soul, Kendra has an insatiable appetite for designing and creating beautiful objects and environments. She approaches making as meditation and believes it is powerful medicine for personal and collective well-being. She has lived in many parts of the country and the world and is grateful to now be growing her family and her business in Santa Cruz, California.