Enjoy the tradition of egg dyeing with your family using natural, food-based dyes and plants to create beautiful colors and patterns on hollow eggshells. Each adult ticket includes one child (under 12) and additional tickets for children under 12 are available for $15 each. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
In this workshop, we will:
- design and prepare 3 hollow eggs with foliage
- dye eggs in premade natural dyes from beets, cabbage, and turmeric
- learn the process to make these dyes at home
- dry and embellish eggs
The following supplies are included:
- 3 hollowed eggs per student
- natural dyes & equipment
- plant material
You will go home with:
- 3 naturally dyed keepsake eggs (per person)
Kaitlin studied the ancient art of shibori in both Hawaii and Japan before relocating to Santa Cruz, California. A mother of two and owner of the Yuzu & Rose line of Shibori home and family products, she enjoys the magical process of hand dyeing, the challenge of creating natural, plant-based dyes of her own, and the joy of sharing her products and techniques with the community.