Learn and practice various pen and ink techniques. Create your own finished drawing in an uplifting and supportive environment. All levels are welcome.
In this workshop, we will:
- learn basic inking techniques to create a variety of effects
- apply our new skills to plan, sketch, and ink an original drawing
- receive tips & supportive feedback throughout the process
- enjoy an afternoon of making with fellow creatives!
The following supplies are included:
- Fineliner pen, pencil & eraser for you to keep
- communal drawing supplies to use in the workshop
- paper for practice and for your finished piece
- items from nature for inspiration (garden flowers and more!)
You can bring:
- your own sketchbook and/or drawing supplies if you have them
- references and ideas for your drawing - can be a photo or object (optional)
You will go home with:
- a unique art piece to decorate your home or give as a gift.
- skills and tools to continue the creative journey!
Anastasiya Bachmanova is an artist, environmentalist, adventure seeker, and mom living in Santa Cruz, California. She was raised in St. Petersburg, Russia and Philadelphia, PA before taking on studies at California State University of Monterey Bay. In 2013 she received a Bachelor of Arts in Integrated Studies, specializing in a combination of environmental science and fine art. Soon afterwards she established “Follow the Sun”, her creative undertaking which aims to share a message of conservation with the community. She displays her artwork at local galleries, pop-up events, and online, and loves sharing her passion for art and nature with others through making and teaching.