Bring your old jeans and give them a new life! Mend your favorite denim garment using the traditional Japanese Sashiko embroidery technique.
In this workshop, we will:
- learn and practice the basics of Sashiko embroidery and its application to visible mending
- select some fabrics patches to add to your garment to give it some new lines, texture, interest, and most importantly, a new life!
The following supplies are included:
- embroidery needles and thread
- a variety of fabric patches to mend your garment
You can bring:
- your torn jeans, denim jackets, linen tops, and any piece of fabric you may want to use and add to your mending work
You will go home with:
- a one-of-a-kind garment that will get to live another life!
Julie was born and raised in France, where she pursued a carrier in education and science for more than ten years. She taught herself to sew after moving to the US seven years ago, and started building her handmade wardrobe in 2016. She is the mom of two adorable monsters who keep her on her toes, and she is grateful for this practice that allows her to create, grow and take care of herself everyday. Julie truly believes that sewing is a superpower, and that slowly and mindfully building a handmade wardrobe that fits your body, your needs and your tastes is a liberating and empowering process.