Come learn how to create your own custom soaps using the simple melt-and-pour method. Together we will explore how to use essential oils, dried flowers and herbs to craft your very own unique soap creations. All ages welcome!
In this workshop, we will:
- learn about natural ingredients and exfoliants that have wonderful benefits to your skin.
- go over the basics about soap ingredients
- learn how to custom blend your own essential oils to create your own unique soap scents
- experiment with creating original soap designs
- custom create at least 4 different kinds of soaps to take home
The following supplies are included:
- soap base (2 different kinds: olive oil & goats milk)
- soap molds for pouring finished soap
- essential oils, natural additives & natural colorants
- full list of ingredients with descriptions on their benefits
You will go home with:
- knowledge of natural soap ingredients and why they are more beneficial to your skin than commercial soaps
- a printed out list of ingredients with useful information about their topical benefits
- 4 custom made soaps to try at home
If attendees would like to make more soaps at home, there will be beginner soap making kits available for purchase at the event.
Soaps of 7 Flowers creator, Yeun Byun, started her crafting journey in 2012 teaching classes on soap making at the New York Horticulture Society while working as a floral designer in New York. She had just recently left her art directing career in film/tv to pursue her passion for art, botany and horticulture. Soon she envisioned what it would be like to start a flower farm along with a soap company as a way to share her joy of flowers with a community. In 2015, after moving to California, she launched Soaps of 7 Flowers, a small-batch, handcrafted soap company now selling at farmer's markets, local retail shops and online. She is most passionate about connecting people to plants and nature and has been teaching a variety of classes on soap making and floral arranging. In addition to Soaps of 7 Flowers, Yeun works as the flower production manager at Spade & Plow Organics where she grows organic flowers year round. She currently resides in Santa Cruz, CA and is in love with the beautiful landscapes and ecosystems that continues to inspire her creativity.