As a creator, crafter, artist or designer, one of the most challenging parts of marketing your product on social media is the first step — good photography. Get hands on experience taking photos of your work as well as practical tips and tricks around composition, editing, adding filters and finding your aesthetic voice.
In this workshop, we will:
- first go over:
- finding your aesthetic voice
- choosing a visual direction
- curating your inspiration
- then get hands on experience by:
- setting up your photo composition (we’ll provide the props!)
- taking photos with a smart phone
- editing images of your art/craft/design
- choosing filters
- discuss some practical tips and tricks you can immediately implement!
The following supplies are included:
- a plethora of props for you to choose from to enhance your image
- your smart phone — any will do!
- something you’ve made — art, jewelry, craft, etc
- If you’d like to bring an additional camera or your own props, feel free.
- a better foundation of how to get started
- images of your work/product
Kate Shriner, a visual designer by trade, dabbles in all things art and design in her free time. She grew up on Kauai, went to school in Oregon, worked in LA and went back to school in Oklahoma where she met her husband Josh. One year after meeting, they tied the knot back home on Kauai. A few days later, they left to move to Santa Cruz to start a crazy new adventure. Since the move last November, Kate's been exited to get connected with Santa Cruz creative community. While in school and later planning for her wedding, Kate had to put art on the back burner. Now, since art is LIFE, she has finally figured out how to prioritize her creative urges.