Learn the ins and outs of the latest small space gardening craze: vertical gardening. Come get your hands dirty while we create a succulent garden in the shape of at heart or star. Perfect for gift giving or keeping for yourself!
In this workshop, we will:
- learn how to properly assemble a vertical garden for immediate display
- learn about proper care for succulents
- learn where to locally shop for future supplies
The following supplies are included:
- star or heart frame, each 11 inches high
- moss for filling in frame
- variety of succulent plants to choose from
You will go home with:
- a completed vertical garden ready for display
As a lifetime hobby gardener, Margot Robison had always dreamed about owning a neighborhood flower shop but real life took her in the direction of "stay at home mom" and volunteer extraordinaire. Four years ago a friend encouraged Margot to try a landscape project using all succulents, plants that she was previously unfamiliar with. Margot quickly became enamored with the many succulent forms, shapes and colors. With kids off to college, Margot took the plunge to create a home-based business called Saratoga Succulents. Here she offers small landscape projects, at-home and business workshops, and custom orders. While not exactly the business she had dreamed of, her work still satisfies her desire for working with living plants and creating beauty to enjoy. Her latest interest is vertical gardening with succulents and she is excited to share these small gardens with members of the Santa Cruz community.